I've been invited to be part of a Dow Jones teleseminar/webinar, "Virtual Marketing: How Startups & VCs Can Benefit from Using Social Media," on Friday, April 28 at 3:00pm PT.
This should be a lot of fun and I'm honored to join such an interesting, diverse and distinguished group. My fellow panelists include: John Furrier of PodTech.net, Shel Israel, co-author of Naked Conversations, Jennifer Jones, president of Jennifer Jones Consulting and a marketing podcaster with Podtech.net, Sharon Wienbar, a managing director with BA Venture Partners and Dave Barry, managing editor of Dow Jones Venture Capital Analyst.
We'll be chatting about:
- How to use social media to boost your marketing efforts
- Why you shouldn't ditch your PR firm yet
- Ways to incorporate social media in an overall marketing campaign
- What new media are and their current and future applications
- How social media is distributed and absorbed
- Ways to measure the effectiveness of social media
- Whether it makes sense to develop a blog or podcasting network
- A guideline for what should and should not be broadcast using new media
If you're interested in registering, you can call call 1-800-775-7654 or click here.