At the end of the webinar I listened to this morning (see previous post), the panelists answered questions from the PR professionals in attendance about how they can improve their pitches and communication practices with these journalists.
Here's what Kevin Maney, Walt Mossberg, Rob Pegoraro, Stephanie Stahl and Stephen Wildstrom advised:
- Put every piece of information we could possibly want on the website
- Put the price of the product or service you are announcing in the press release and in the online pressroom
- Include high-res. images of the products on the online pressroom
- Include the company contact information in the release and pressroom for the person that is the expert on the product
- Make sure the search function on pressroom actually works so we can find what we need on the website
- Educate your clients’/organization’s spokespeople about new media so they are not surprised when we want to do an interview with a webcam or as a podcast
- Don’t issue press releases by RSS feed [only Stephen Wildstrom stated this] – that one was interesting and surprising to me!